Communication & Collaboration
Blackboard has a wide range of tools to support communication and collaboration. These include sending email, announcements, discussion boards, blogs, wikis, and journal tools. You can also use webconferencing tools to remotely communicate, using Blackboard Collaborate, and screencasting using Kaltura Media.
Send an email
The email tool allows you to send email to other people in your course without launching a separate email program, such as Outlook. You can send email to individual users or to groups of users.
You can send email to these users:
- All Users: All users in your course
- All Groups: All groups in your course
- All Student Users: All students in your course
- All Teaching Assistant Users: All teaching assistants in your course
- All Instructor Users: All instructors in your course
- All Observer Users: All of the observers in your course
- Select Users: Select the users from a list
- Select Groups: Select groups from a list
- Single/Select Observer users: Send email to a single observer or select observers in your course
Blackboard Learn keeps no record of your email, whether you send or receive it. Any email you receive from Blackboard Learn appears in your external email inbox. Keep a copy of important messages in case you need them at a later date.
See full BB help for more details
Note: that emails sent this way do not include any information for any other recipient. Recipients of each email will not see the email addresses of other recipients also copied.
Recipients can only view the following in the email received:
- Name of course
- Course ID
- Email Subject
- Sender information