Create Groups in Blackboard
You can organise students into groups so they can interact with each other and share Blackboard tools (e.g. Bb discussions, Bb Collaborate Ultra rooms, or wikis or email, etc.).
After you create each group, they can have their own homepage with links to tools they need. Only instructors and group members can access the group tools.
Where to access Groups
- In the Control Panel, on your course, expand the Users and Groups section and select Groups.
- On the Groups page, you can view and edit your existing groups, and create new groups and group sets.
Group enrolment methods
You can enrol students in groups in three ways. Students can't unenrol themselves from groups.
- Manual Enrol allows you to assign each student in your course to a group. Manual enrolment is available for both single groups and group sets. You can also import a csv file to create the enrolments.
- Random Enrol is available for group sets only. Random enrolment automatically distributes students into groups based on your settings for maximum members per group or total number of groups. Random distribution applies only to students who are currently enrolled in your course. You can enrol additional students manually.
- Self-Enrol allows students to add themselves to a group with a sign-up sheet. Self-enrolment is an option available for both single groups and group sets.
Find out more about how to create groups on https://help.blackboard.com/Learn/Instructor/Interact/Course_Groups/Create_Group