Adding Tools to the Course Menu
This article describes how to add a tool to your Blackboard course menu
When you add a tool to your course menu, you are in effect creating a shortcut to the tool.
- Make sure Edit Mode is ON.
- Click the (plus sign) icon above the Course Menu.
- Select the Tool Link.
- Enter a Name for the link.
- From the Type drop-down list, select the tool to add.
- Select whether the tool will be Available to Users.
- Click Submit.
NOTE: If you create a link to a tool, e.g., Discussion Board or Blackboard Collaborate Ultra room, and not ticked "Available to Users" checkbox, then it will not be available to your students and the link to the tool will not produce the desired results. Be sure to select this checkbox to make it “available to users” if you want students to be able to access or launch the tool from the course menu.