NUI Galway's main web conferencing service is Blackboard Collaborate Ultra. This is a real-time video conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact.
The Blackboard Collaborate Ultra experience opens right in your browser, so you don't have to install any software to join a session.
A Quick Orientation for Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
In addition to supporting live real-time teaching and learning, live sessions can be recorded and archived for review.
At NUI Galway, Blackboard Collaborate is embedded into the Blackboard Learn platform. This means that a Blackboard Collaborate meeting room is automatically created and ready for instructors and student to use at the start of the academic year in all Blackboard modules.
This is located on the main course menu, under the name "Virtual Classroom".
Support Resources for presenters:
- Get started: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Basics
- How to record: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Record_Sessions
- Setting up Audio & Video: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Use_Audio_And_Video
- Using chat: https://help.blackboard.com/Collaborate/Ultra/Moderator/Get_Started/Use_Chat
- Blackboard Collaborate Ultra Instructor Notes (pdf) - a two page printable guide
Want to share help with your participants?
- Participants' Portal: help for participants on getting started, joining a session, viewing recordings, etc
If you are giving a Blackboard Ultra Collaborate session, it is recommended you access it up to 30 minutes prior to your session start time, in order to prepare and upload any presentation slides.If you have any technical difficulties prior to or during your session, please report the issue to blackboard directly from within the application, or check out their troubleshooting advice.
Troubleshooting: Known issues, reporting an issue