Using Blackboard Collaborate in a teaching venue
Lecture theatres are equipped with a camera and lectern boundary microphones that can be used with Blackboard Collaborate if you wish to record a lecture and/or connect with students who may be participating remotely.
See the venue listing here to know the equipment in each, to help you select the correct AV peripheral camera and microphone for using with Bb Collaborate.
- Get into the venue, log in and start the virtual classroom session early.
- Check the audio and video settings and ask remote students if they can hear you. Learn more below.
Google Chrome web browser is required for Blackboard Collaborate.
Quick start on using Bb Collaborate in a lecture theatre
- Press ON in the Control Panel
- Select PC on the Control Panel
Log into the Lecture Theatre Computer
Go to Blackboard
- On the lecture theatre PC, please log into Blackboard and go to your module
- Create a new BB collaborate session or join an existing session (Usually called Virtual Classroom).
- Once in the Session (or as you are joining), go to Settings and select: Audio & Video settings.
- Select: Setup your Camera & Microphone
Select your Microphone and Camera
Select the microphone specified for your venue as your microphone
You should see the microphone green bar indicator change when you speak.
Select the correct Camera (see illustration below)
You should see an image of yourself when the above camera has been selected.
Now you can enable the camera and microphone in the normal way (controls on bottom of window)
You have two options to share content. You can share a file or share an application.
Need to access your OneDrive files? See how here.
You can opt to share a file (and it is a good idea to have your file pre-loaded before you arrive in the venue, so you can quickly and easily share it here now). This is the easiest way to present, and using the duplicate mode, both your in-class and remote students will have the same view of your materials.