How to Add Video or Audio to Blackboard - (using My Media)
Kaltura My Media is your personal area for uploading media content. By default this content is private but you can link to content in your My Media area from your course, and you can chose to publish your content to a specific course (e.g. instructional video, welcome message, or use it to submit student video assignments). Any content that you upload to Kaltura is automatically saved in your personal My Media area. Learn how you can access it on Blackboard below.
Accessing My Media on Blackboard
- Log in to Blackboard.
- On your My NUI Galway tab, click on the My Media tool to access it.
My Media Screen
The My Media area is where any files that you personally add to Kaltura are stored. It is also where you manage/edit, publish, share or delete your media files.
- Add New content to your library - you can upload any audio or video file to your private My Media. You can upload a media from your computer, or upload a video created with Kaltura Personal Capture.
- Search through any media you have already uploaded
- List of your uploaded videos – click the video thumbnail or title to view the video
Edit video – lets you
- edit the title and description of the video
- change options
- edit the video itself – trim and cut sections, reuse etc
- Add Captions
- Delete video
Upload Video/Audio to My Media from Your Computer
- Click the Add New button, and choose Media Upload.
- Click the Choose File to Upload button.
- Navigate to the video you want to upload and double-click it to upload it.
- You will see a progress bar in the Upload Media window while the video uploads. (The larger the video, the longer this will take.)
- When your upload has finished, you will see the Upload Completed banner.
- Click the Save button, below the upload area.
- Then click Go To My Media button.
- Your uploaded video will now be visible in your My Media space.
- Learn how to use Kaltura's personal capture to record a video, or use another video or audio creation tool to create a media file that you can upload to share with your students.
- Find out how to publish a recording from your private My Media storage into a Blackboard course or submit as an assignment.