How to Add Media in Kaltura MediaSpace
You can upload images and video files directly from your phone and tablet browser using the new upload control that uploads files in chunks and supports resuming uploads as well. MediaSpace supports uploading files that are larger than 2GB.
To upload media from your desktop:
- Go to https://nuigalway.mediaspace.kaltura.com/
- Select Media Upload from the Add New dropdown menu.
The Upload Media page is displayed.
Drag and drop a media file or click Choose a file to upload.
While the file is uploading, on the Upload Media page you can:
- Enter metadata information about the media and click Save. Mandatory fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Click Cancel to cancel the upload.
- Click Choose another file to upload additional files.
Select the Privacy Settings. When adding new media and editing the metadata, select if the media will be private, unlisted or automatically published to specific categories and/or channels when the media is ready.
After a video is uploaded, it is converted for optimal playback. You cannot preview or publish a video during conversion.
If media is waiting for moderation, you cannot preview or publish it until it is approved.
NOTE: To view the media page when uploading is complete, select My Media from the User dropdown menu.