Can I access Turnitin directly (outside of Blackboard)?
This article explains how to access all of your Turnitin assignments created on Blackboard directly. Once logged in you will find a complete history of any assignments you have created.
To begin using Turnitin.com, you must first log in. As you have been using the service through Blackboard, you will have an existing account with Turnitin, you'll have set your password during the account creation process.
- Go to http://turnitin.com
- At the top right click on the Log In button.
During login, a cookie will be set on your web browser to allow Turnitin to authorize your access during use of the site. Please ensure that the web browser you are using will allow the cookie to be set by their site, http://turnitin.com
- Next click on the Forgot your password button.
4. You will be given several prompts and can then log in, to see all of your Turnitin assignments. This will include you needing to click on a link on your email, and setting a security question, before you can log in on the new password you have set.
5. Once logged in, if you access the relevant course you wish to view, you will have full access to the class and student submitted assignments.
Still not seeing your classes? Try these additional steps:
If you don't see your full list of courses, be sure that you are in an instructor view.
To check this, on the top right corner there will be 3 a black bars with several options, including your name, user info etc. The fourth one along will say "student"; if you click this and change it to "instructor" from the drop down menu, the screen will change and will show the instructor view and should show all your classes.
If the classes you require appear, you can change the default view by clicking on the User Info in the black bar, the info page will appear and on the right hand side there will be a "default user option" you can change this to from student to instructor. Once done select submit at the bottom left.
Note: We have had reports from users that they had to toggle this setting to switch back to student and then switch to instructor again to make it visible.
Have you checked to ensure you are on the All Classes tab? On the top right of your account screen, make sure you have the tab selected to show "all classes" rather than having it to show "active classes".