How do I make a recordings in PowerPoint?
PowerPoint can be used to create presentation from scratch or a template, you can add text, images, art and video. The PowerPoint designer can help with a professional design.
PowerPoint allows you to record narration over your slides and save this as a video file (mp4). This articles describes how to do this in PowerPoint for Office 365, PowerPoint 2019 and PowerPoint 2016.
Record narration and timings
Select Slide Show > Record Slide Show.
Choose from two options:
- Start Recording from Beginning - to record from the beginning of a presentation.
- Start Recording from Current Slide - to record from a specific slide.
Select or clear what you'd like for your recording, and then select Start Recording.
Start speaking or add markings to your presentation.
Note: Audio won't record when slide transitions happen so let these play first before you start speaking.
A sound icon appears on a slide to show when a recording is available.
You can also remove recordings from slides.
Select Record Slide Show > Clear.
Choose from four options:
- Clear Timing on Current Slide - to delete timings on the current slide.
- Clear Timings on All Slides - to delete timings from all slides at once.
- Clear Narration on Current Slide - to delete narration on the current slide.
- Clear Narration on All Slides - to delete narration on all slides at once.
When you're done recording, save and share your presentation as a video. You can then upload this to your My Media on Blackboard.
Select File > Export
Select where you'd like to save your presentation to.
Under Export as type, select the drop down arrow and then select Mp4
Watch a short video
This short video (11 mins) explains the steps above.
PowerPoint's recording studio
PowerPoint's recording studio now gives you an enhanced recording experience and more options when recording your presentation:
Learn more about PowerPoint's recording studio here.